How many of you who are going to be doctors are willing to spend your days in Ghana? Technicians or engineers, how any of you are willing to work in the Foreign Service and spend your lives traveling around the world? On your willingness to do that, not merely to serve one year or two years in the service, but on your willingness to contribute part of your life o this country, I think will depend the answer whether a free society can complete. I think it can! And I think Americans are willing to contribute. But the effort must be far greater than we have ever made in the past.

-John F. Kennedy

Monday, May 13, 2013

Address!

My new, permenant address is: PCV Kimberly Boland, Corps de la Paix, B.P. 26, Kolda, Senegal

Things I could need/want:
Food- the diabetic in me wants candy but the health volunteer wants food with protein and vitamins; if you do send food remember it's really hot out and mail usually takes about a month or two to get all the way down to Kolda
Drink packets- bleached water is horrible; i really like berries (especially strawberries) and really hate grapefruit
magazines, preferably ones dealing with current events
Pictures! Everyone so far has loved to see the pictures I've brought!
Letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letters make my day

Right now I will be attempting to do the Five Week Challenge.  When new volunteers get to site it is helpful for language and integration if they do not leave.  I think I can do it, but it means five consecutive weeks without running water or electricity.

On the up side look how cute my cat is

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, what did you name your cat? I'm sure he's way nicer than Sugar!!!

    ReplyDelete